Benefits of Joining the CQA Program:
The CQA program provides additional marketing for Virginia wines made from Virginia grapes.
Download the CQA Membership Application
• The CQA seal may be placed on all approved bottles of Virginia wine, distinguishing Virginia's quality wines to the consumer.
• The CQA seal assists with consumer choice - ultimately selling more wine and Virginia grapes as well as driving more visits to Virginia's wineries.
• The CQA seal ensures that the wine is made with 100% Virginia grapes.
• Competitive cost analysis - your wines will receive both a chemical analysis and a sensory panel evaluation for $170, with free shipping to the laboratory. Each winery is entitled to one free lab analysis when one analysis is paid for.
• You will receive your results from the analyses in a week or less.
• Bottled or pre-bottled wines may be submitted for analysis, allowing time for adjustments, if needed.
• The CQA program is endorsed by the Virginia Vineyards Association, Virginia Winery Distribution Company and brought to you by the Virginia Wineries Association.
• The Virginia Winery Distribution Company (VWDC) has included a sort feature for CQA wines in their online ordering system for retailers.
• The CQA website will list each approved wine.
• The CQA website will list each of CQA's participating wineries.
• The CQA program will provide additional marketing for Virginia wines made from Virginia grapes.
• The CQA program will create buzz and excitement for Virginia wines in the local and national press.
• America's Wine Trails has developed a smart phone app to highlight Wine Trails throughout the country. CQA has a banner ad on the site for consumers which provides a link to the CQA website and Facebook page.
• Show consumers your wine makes the grade! Submit your wines today so you don't miss out on this opportunity to market your wine through the CQA program! We have been working with Madison & Main on a tool kit for all CQA-member wineries who have an approved wine (meaning the wine has passed the CQA analyses and have paid the 5 cent per-bottle program fee). This tool kit includes a DIY press release you can tailor for your winery, pocket maps with all CQA wineries flagged, posters and table tents, and a crystal designating that your winery sells CQA-approved wines..
701 E. Franklin Street, Suite 809
Richmond, VA. 23219
804 592-3196 | Fax: 804 644-8762 | Info@CQAWine.org